Versatile, safe and economical
Axor prime movers and ridged trucks combine all the right factors; low unladed weight, optimum output, application friendly design and famous Mercedes-Benz servicing. And when the factors are right, the numbers add up.
The Axor is available in the following models:
- Prime mover
- Prime mover - Heavy duty
- All-wheel drive
The Axor is the perfect solution for all your mid-to-long-distance haulage and heavy-duty short-radius distribution tasks. With 18 – 26t the Axor is available as a prime mover and as a rigid truck for a full range of body solution options.
- Versatile applications mid-to-long-haul distance haulage and heavy-duty short-radius distribution
- Reliable, high-torque 6-cylinder in-line engines
- Low unladen weight produces payload benefits
- Robust chassis and bodybuilder-compatible frame with 50 mm hole pattern
- Optional lightweight components include a lightweight fifth-wheel coupling, aluminium fuel/compressed-air tanks and alloy wheels.
Your safety is paramount, which is why the Axor has achieved the highest levels of active and passive safety. The Axor features crash tested cabs and standard fitted clear lens headlamps and exterior mirrors to assist with minimizing blind spots.
Safety features of the Axor:
- Clear-lens headlamps for optimum road illumination
- Wind deflectors and corner panelling reduce the build-up of dirt on side windows and doors
- Exterior mirrors feature manual heater control to prevent misting and icing over
- Wide-angle exterior mirrors are mounted below the main mirrors to improve rear visibility
- All cabs crash-tested (in accordance with European ECE R29 standard)
- Non-slip steps leading up to the cab
- Non-splintering, flame-retardant materials used inside the cab
- Air-sprung standard driver's suspension seat with integral 3-point seat belt fitted as standard
- Airbag in conjunction with belt tensioner
- Large windscreen and deep-set side windows ensure outstanding visibility
* for Axor developing 265 kW (360 hp) or more
|Mercedes-Benz Atego & Axor Brochure|
|Mercedes-Benz Trucks Model Range|